I am Natasha Cecily Bacchus. I am an athlete and artist, passionate about mental health, deaf advocacy, fitness and physical expression. Throughout my life, I have nurtured my passion for fitness by competing as a professional athlete and securing medal positions in both the Deaf Olympics and Pan Am Olympics as well as many other competitive sporting events. While running was my first passion and a means of emotional release, I used acting as a mode of physical expression and found theatre and film to be the preferred spaces for me to thrive as an actor. I have participated in a number of theatre and film productions and have a strong desire to continue to grow and develop as an artist in these industries, expanding representation to include differently-abled persons and empowering Black Deaf women in Canada to shine on and off the stage.
- 2019 – Deaf Performer for Deaf Queer First Event under Deaf Spectrum in Toronto
- 2019 – Pioneer Actress “The Black Drum” SoundPepper Theatre, Toronto, Ontario
- January 2019 – Deaf Interpretation Theatre for Fringe Festival
- July 2019 – Deaf Actress for The Black Drum Festival Clin D’Oeil in Reims, France
- August 2019 – Theatre In&Out “The Good Host” Assembly Deaf Arts Accessibility Discussion
- September 2019 – MDL ASL music
Toronto, Ontario, Canada